First of all. Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads, soon to be dads and moms whose also portraying the role of a father. Wouldn’t it be nice to end your day watching a movie on a couch with your parents? I have listed some feel good movies for you.
- The Tree of Life (2011)
- Synopsis: The Tree of Life follows the life journey of Jack O’Brien, through his innocent childhood to disillusioned adult years as he tries to harmonize a complicated relationship with his sometimes demanding and overly strict father.
- Genre: Drama, Fantasy
- Actor: Brad Pitt, Sean Penn, Jessica Chastain
2. Taken (2008)
- Synopsis: Bryan is a retired agent. Because previously he had no time for his wife and children, he and his wife divorced. Now he wanted to use his retirement time to offset his favorite daughter – Kim. When her daughter wanted to go to Paris with her best friend, he had an unhealthy instinct. Indeed, the two girls were abducted when they just got off plane.” Taken” is the daughter rescue within 96 hours, with the skills of a former spy, can he do that?
- Genre: Action, Thriller
- Actor: Liam Neeson, Maggie Grace, Famke Janssen
3. Steve Jobs (2015)
- Synopsis: The movie is divided into three acts set in the lead-up to key product launches hosted by Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, ending in 1998 with the unveiling of the iMac. Steve Jobs takes us behind the scenes of the digital revolution, to paint a portrait of the man at its epicenter.
- Genre: Drama, Biography
- Actor: Michael Fassbender, Kate Winslet, Seth Rogen
4. There Will Be Blood (2007)
- Synopsis: The movie tells a story of family, religion, hatred, oil and madness, focusing on a turn-of-the-century prospector in the early days of the business through two characters: silver miner Daniel Plainview (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his son, H.W. (Dillon Freasier).
- Genre: Drama
- Actor: Daniel Day Lewis, Paul Dano, Ciaran Hinds
5. The Place Beyond The Pines (2012)
- Synopsis: In upstate New York, two men (Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper), and later, their sons (Dane DeHaan, Emory Cohen) must deal with the unforeseen consequences of their fateful decision to commit a crime to support one’s child.
- Genre: Thriller, Crime, Drama
- Actor: Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Eva Mendes
6. Interstellar (2014)
- Synopsis: “Interstellar” is a chronicle about the great adventure of a group of adventurers. They used the new discovery about cosmic black hole to pass the normal limits in the space travel, conquer immense space on a journey through the galaxy …
- Genre: Adventure, Sci-Fi
- Actor: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain
7. Beginners (2010)
- Synopsis: After his mother dies, Oliver (Ewan McGregor) is rocked by two announcements from his elderly father, Hal (Christopher Plummer): that he has terminal cancer, and that he has a young male lover.
- Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama
- Actor: Ewan Mcgregor, Christoper Plummer, Melanie Laurent
8. The Descendants (2011)
- Synopsis: Native islander Matt King (George Clooney) lives with his family in Hawaii. After his wife is seriously injured in a boating accident, Matt tries to be a good father to his young daughters, as they too try to cope with their mother’s possible death.
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Actor: George Clooney, Shailene Woodley, Amara Miller
9. World’s Greatest Dad (2009)
- Synopsis: Lance Clayton wishes for a life of wealth and is a renowned author, but at present Lance is just a high school poetry teacher. His only son Kyle is an idiot. He is always frosty to his father. Lance dates another teacher teaching art at school but she isn’t really serious about it, or even does not want to announce they’re dating. After a bizarre accident, he suddenly has the opportunity to reap all the money and fame that he often dreams of, if he can only live with the knowledge of how he got there. What does Lance ultimately choose?
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Actor: Morgan Murphy, Robin Williams, Daryl Sabara
You may message me if you want links for this movie.